In order to obtain optimal health, it is critical to eat a healthy and balanced diet. Becoming knowledgeable about how to evaluate the nutritional value of what you eat may greatly increase your ability to improve your health and wellness.
In this two-part worksheet, you critique a recipe for nutritional value and respond to two short answer questions about nutrition. Completing this assignment is a step towards gaining the knowledge needed to better manage your nutrition.
Part 1: Critique a Meal
For this part of the assignment, you critique the nutritional value of a meal. You will select this meal from the USDA website.
Follow the instructions below:
· Access the USDA Recipe Finder search tool at http://recipefinder.nal.usda.gov/
o (either click on or paste the above link in your internet’s address bar)
· Search for a recipe using one of the available criteria:
o Type in ingredients;
o Type in a recipe name, or;
o Choose options from the available categories
· Select a recipe to critique from the generated results.
Review the nutritional information provided for the recipe you selected or added and answer the questions below.
- What is the name of the recipe you are evaluating?
- Which essential nutrients—carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals—are included in the recipe?
- Does this recipe include a good balance of essential nutrients? Explain your answer.
- How could the recipe be altered to include more essential nutrients?
- Do you consider this a healthy meal? If not, what is a healthy alternative?
Part 2: Nutrition Questions
Respond to the following questions in 75 to 125 words each:
- Do you find it easy or difficult to determine the nutritional value of food? What are some methods to help you more easily determine the nutritional values of food?
- What environmental, economic, and psychosocial factors influenced your food and drink choices today?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post nutrition worksheet appeared first on Nursing Writers Hub.